When you choose to upload your API definitions from CI/CD, you're creating a link between Redocly Workflows and your existing CI pipeline without having to grant any special access permissions.
With this approach, you can:
- Set up the source in Redocly Workflows, and
- Use the OpenAPI CLI
pushcommand on the CI side.
Note: The CI/CD source supports branches, but you must explicitly define them when running the
- On the API Registry page, select Add API.
- In the Definition name step, provide a name for your new API definition.
- In the Choose source step, select Upload from CI/CD. The Source settings step is an informative page that doesn't require any input, so proceed to Version name.
- Provide a name for the API version and select Finish to complete adding your API definition.
- In the Overview page that opens, follow the instructions from How to push to registry to upload your API definition file(s).
Find more information in the OpenAPI CLI push command documentation.