- The Next to navigation button visible at the bottom right of portal pages can now be hidden. You can disable it for the entire developer portal by setting
siteConfig.yamlfile. Alternatively, hide it for each individual page by setting
showNextButton: falsein the front matter of your MD(X) files.
- Canonical URLs are now supported in the developer portal. To enable this, set a value for
metasection of your
siteConfig.yamlfile (for example,
siteUrl: 'https://www.example.com'). This value will be used as the base URL for canonical links, and
rel="canonical"will be automatically added to the head of all HTML pages in your portal.
- A new helper function called
usePathPrefixis now available and can be imported from
- A new front matter option
excludeis now supported on MD and MDX pages. Use it to exclude an entire page from the portal build by adding
exclude: trueto the page front matter.
WideTilecomponent now supports the
maxWidthproperty. You can configure the property as a percentage or as an exact amount of pixels.
- Issues with the Reference docs configuration option
showRightPanelTogglehave been resolved.
- Tile components now properly support
- If your developer portal project contains a top-level
README.mdfile, this file will now be excluded from the portal build.
- When using the
WideTilecomponent that contains an icon, the icon and the content will now be aligned to the top of the tile element instead of to the center.
- Implemented support for multiple identity providers in the on-premise Docker container. Identity providers can be configured in the
authsection of the siteConfig.yaml file.
LoginPageLinkcomponent now supports a new property called
idpId. Use it to specify one of the identity providers configured in the siteConfig.yaml file. If you're using React hooks, you can now import the custom hook
@redocly/uiand use it with
idpIdlike in the following example:
const loginLink = useLoginPageUrl(idpId);
Note that these changes apply only to the on-premise Docker container, not to hosted Developer portals.
allowLoginWithconfiguration option for the on-premise Docker container is now deprecated and should not be used.
- Fixed breaking builds after
- Fixed the
--relative-pathsargument by using path prefixes from an environment variable.
- Fixed incorrect path resolution of reusable Markdown snippets.
mobxdependency to prevent crashes when upgrading.
- The search index will no longer crash when page names start with
- Improved real-time reloading when the sidebar state changes to
- Fixed crashing when reusable Markdown snippets are embedded in MDX.
- Added a warning that snippets are not supported in MDX.
- Removed bad
#undefinedhash in some links.
- Redocly now supports single-source authoring and content reuse with Markdown snippets. Create "chunks" of text, save them as Markdown files in your developer portal project, and embed them into other pages across the portal.
- Implemented support for
pathPrefixin the RBAC feature.
- The HTTP scheme name (e.g. Bearer) is now capitalized in code samples.
- Users can now override defaults to customize
- Removed many incorrect warnings that were cluttering the console output.
- Resolved an issue with mermaid diagrams overflowing the page size.
- Resolved a HTML-related nesting issue by rendering
divif it doesn't have the
- Lint problems are now ignored for registry downloads.
- Developer portal now supports auto-generated C# and Python code samples in embedded API reference documentation.
- Implemented support for the correct default RBAC permission.
- The mobile view button for expanding the sidebar menu has been temporarily disabled because of a bug in the full non-paginated reference docs page.
- A new front matter configuration option is available -
excludeFromSearch. When you add
excludeFromSearch: trueto the front matter of a Markdown page, the page will be excluded from the search index and will not be accessible from the search results.
- Implemented support for
matchPathin MDX pages. This functionality is required for advanced client routes and for the upcoming Apigee portal integration.
- Hash fragments (named anchors) can now be used in relative links to MD and MDX pages; for example
- Previously, OAS 2 API definitions could be imported only as files from the local filesystem. Now they can be imported from URLs, and they work with registry snapshot URLs (including the Logs > Snapshots > Get Snapshot option).
- Resolved a minor styling issue with the position of anchor link icons when targeting a header.
- It is now possible to customize the entire sidebar menu. Check the developer portal starter repository for an example of how to change the sidebar style.
- By popular demand, links in the navigation bar can now have custom icons. To add a custom icon for an item, provide the path to the icon image as the value of the new
iconfield in the
navsection of the
siteConfig.yamlfile. An example is available in the developer portal starter repository.
- Improved the look of parameters with multiple examples in Reference docs.
- Implemented support for using API reference docs as the index page of the developer portal. This can be achieved either by renaming the reference docs page to
index.page.yamlor by setting
path: "/"in the corresponding
Buttoncomponents without a
tolink will now be rendered as
<button>instead of as
- Portal will no longer crash when the
siteConfig.yamlfile contains an invalid page item in
- Sidebar items can now be customized independently of the developer portal theme. Check the developer portal starter repository for an example of how to style the sidebar items.
- A new CLI option
--ignore-openapi-errorsis now supported. When this option is used, the portal build will not fail if validation errors are found in API definition files.
- Implemented a new helper React hook called
@redocly/ui. It returns a list of all API definitions in the developer portal project (plus some metadata), and can be used to create API catalog pages.
- Internal release without changes.
- Implemented support for the RBAC (Role-based access control) feature. With RBAC, you can define permissions for accessing specific parts of your developer portal, and assign those permissions to different types of users (roles). This feature is available only to Enterprise customers, and only if the developer portal is hosted on-premise using Docker.
- Fixed the style for code blocks inside headings.
siteConfig.yamlfile now supports linking to external API definition files by using
- Resolved an issue with alert content rendering when content was passed as React children.
- Minor TypeScript type fixes been implemented.
- The Alert UI component now supports nested content for all alert variants. Nested content is added to an alert using the
- Properly applied the fix for broken code highlighting on initial page load (issue carried over from previous release).
- All page links on the portal now use lowercase letters. Page links that previously contained uppercase letters will be automatically transformed to all lowercase letters (for example,
/developer-portal/getting-started/). As a consequence, some links may break after updating to this version of the Developer portal.
- When adding pages to the portal using the
/*"spread" pattern to include all files from a path, the pages will now be grouped by folder in the navigation sidebar.
- Resolved an issue with broken code highlighting on initial page load.
- Implemented a performance fix in search-indexer for API definitions that use deep-nested
oneOf. This change potentially resolves the RAM overflow issue reported by some customers.
- Fixed the 401 error for manifest.json file when using basic authentication.
- Reduced the clutter in the browser log output.
- Upgraded to the latest version of reference-docs. This version introduces support for CORS Proxy configuration, allowing more control over requests sent from the "Try It" API console.
- New options for styling the portal sidebar are now available; namely:
- The layout of API reference docs is no longer broken on small screen sizes in Firefox. GitHub issue reference
- Styled components can now be used for styling
- Custom queries will be properly extracted from MDX files with Windows-style line endings.
colors.<color>.contrastTextcan now be used for the
Alerttext color, where
- Allow running development server on GitHub Codespaces.
- Upgrade reference-docs to
- Copy auth metadata to artifacts folder (for on-prem auth-server).
- Reduced clutter in the log output.
- Resolved an issue with redirecting to the developer portal home page after the user logs out.
- Exported the
- Fix some utility functions that were not exported.
- Export helpers for anonymous login.
- Fix JsonSchema style issue.
- Add new side menu style:
- Add new OpenAPI-powered components:
- Fix non-
expandedreference docs broken build.
- Use remote rendering for mermaid diagrams.
- Support for IdP issued tokens for Redocly Workflows OIDC integration.
- Fixed badge label for webhooks (with
Upgrade to the latest Redocly
- accessibility features
- Fixed broken pages with spread
- Proper error message for missing pages with spread
/*instead of crash.
- Export some auth helpers:
- Fixed WideTile icon margins.
- Adjusted default style of Tiles.
- Add new style properties to ThinTile and WideTile.
colors.navbar.gradienttoggle to the
Support code snippet title
^8.6.0(support auto-wrapping and newlines).
- Add option
tocMaxDepthto limit the number of nested levels (globally in
siteConfig.yamlor in frontmatter).
- Add option
disableLastModifiedto hide last modified label (globally in
siteConfig.yamlor in frontmatter).
- Fix local css loading on Windows.
- Fix inconsistent box shadow for thin tile.
- Fix site meta image [Roman Hotsiy].
- Support relative paths starting with
external: trueto show external site icon for sidebar menu items.
"Next to"button for groups with page.